Tuesday, July 04, 2006

The Beginning...Or the End

Driven by events that you may or may not find about, I have been forced to start this blog to encourage myself to ruminate on what is normally a rather uneventful life. I am not yet completely sure that this is the right forum for these ruminations and as a result, I have no doubts that you will be able to see the indecision underlying anything I decide to publish. I am not normally a self-reflexive person, though that answer would've certainly been different a few years ago. Despite this quality, I believe I know myself very well, and have let that knowledge of self inform my convictions.

There's only one realm where I've proved to be a blundering idiot at times and that's with women. Not in the sense that I stammer where I talk to a beautiful woman or bust a nut if I see a chick in a bra, but in the sense that I've made decisions with women that have been problematic and indicative of a man without conviction. The ramifications of those decisions are still coming back to me at the time of this writing.

I've looked at other blogs of people in my peer group and find that the blogs are not usually this self-referential. But, of course, those blogs have the benefit of describing something actually happening to them, something that is interesting and holds attention. As I alluded to earlier, nothing really happens to me, and if something did, chances are I'd be too bitch-made (can I curse in these things?) to put it up for the whole wide world to see. Nonetheless, I will try to hold the attention of anybody who happens to come upon this piece of electronic parchment. Who knows? I'm in NYC this summer; something might pop off. I know I'm supposed to take bite out of the Big Apple, but instead I feel like the worm trapped inside...

More to come...maybe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home